The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Poll: Which version of Zombie do you prefer?
This poll is closed.
FF5-6 Zombie: Muddled 0HP 16.67% 1 16.67%
FF8+ Zombie: Inverted Heal 83.33% 5 83.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Let's Talk Zombie (Status)

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Moog
I've been looking at the Zombie status with scorn, lately, thinking about doing something drastic with it (changing it to work identically to the Relic Ring, IE: the status sets the Undead flag).  Before I dive into that, though, I thought it'd be nice to gather some opinions on the status in general.

Zombie first appears in Final Fantasy 5, where it works essentially the same way as it does in Final Fantasy 6: it sets HP to 0, muddles the target, and counts them as defeated for the purposes of ending a battle.

Zombie in Final Fantasy 8 and later, however, uses the Undead model in its entirety: it inverts healing magic, grants immunity to death magic, and makes life spells instant-death.

Both iterations have interesting applications.  With the modern version, it could be inflicted on enemies to make them vulnerable to curing attacks (unlike now, where it kills them and makes their invisible body randomly attack the party).  However, FF6 Zombie in particular has a neat mechanic... it can be cast by a monster on a dead party member to raise them as a muddled pain.  This tactic is only seen deployed by Hidon in the vanilla game, but it has potential.

So which do you prefer?
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Let's Talk Zombie (Status) - by C-Dude - 09-29-2019, 09:12 PM
RE: Let's Talk Zombie (Status) - by PowerPanda - 09-30-2019, 09:26 AM
RE: Let's Talk Zombie (Status) - by C-Dude - 10-02-2019, 12:54 AM