Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Strago natural magic

Threads: 34
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Moog
You can't copy the dashes, they're just there to show you where the block of code goes.  You need to copy from the start of the hex values to the end of the hex values.  HxD will tell you what you're trying to write isn't hex code if you try to copy it with the dashes.

For instance, to copy the first block of Raw Hex, go into HxD, select "Find", select "Goto address", type 9F6D, and paste 20 D7 D8
Or this for example
Code:
[C2 Bank]
C2/60BC:
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 20 70 A6 --
means goto 260BC, and paste 20 70 A6 at that address (Paste Write starting in column C of row 260B0).

Heads up, if you aren't using C.V. Reynolds bugfix compilation and you just copy the block of hex, the game will crash at the Vargas fight and again in Doma when Cyan runs to fight in the Imperial Camp.  This is because the bugfix compilation moves some hex that the Blitz learning and SwdTech learning uses, and when they are called by recruitment it causes a desync in the game script.  Changing those two addresses will fix the issue: if you encounter these crashes, you will need to swap the pointers as described in the middle of my first post.

Unless the error is something else.  Can you describe it please?

EDIT: Hmm... maybe I'll just prepare an IPS patch for it.  Might make this smoother, then you can just edit the spells learned as needed.  Can you give me a list of the spells you want Strago to learn?

EDIT: Okay, I set up four patches for you and attached them to the bottom of this post, pick the one that fits your rom: headered or unheadered, vanilla or w/CV bugfixes applied.  Note that the CVBugs patch doesn't actually include the CV bugfix compilation, it just assumes it's already been applied (provided for compatibility purposes).  If you want to change Relm's and Strago's spells after the fact, let me know and I can set up another patch for you.

Attached Files
.zip  NatAbi Extended Patches.zip (2.5 KB, 3 downloads)
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to C-Dude for this post:
  • MoisésDGT (09-15-2019)

Messages In This Thread
Strago natural magic - by MoisésDGT - 09-14-2019, 08:45 PM
RE: Strago natural magic - by C-Dude - 09-15-2019, 12:05 AM
RE: Strago natural magic - by MoisésDGT - 09-15-2019, 08:12 AM
RE: Strago natural magic - by C-Dude - 09-15-2019, 02:22 PM
RE: Strago natural magic - by MoisésDGT - 09-15-2019, 02:58 PM
RE: Strago natural magic - by C-Dude - 09-15-2019, 03:26 PM