Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix

Status
None
Hey CV!
I should start off by saying that I know nothing about hacking. I also have only just arrived at the world of ruin in ff6. Meaning I actually have not beaten the game yet… I literally made this profile because I wanted to respond and give input on some of these amazing projects. (Like a screaming five-year old in the back seat of a car). Anyway, it seems like you are having trouble with deciding what to do with Siegfried/Chupon. 

The problem from what I understand is that Siegfried/Chupon are learnable rages for gau, but they do not appear on the veldt; thereby making them unobtainable. From what seibabey says, they were never intended to be rages in the first place. If my objective was to clean up the bugs and support the initial intentions of the original developers, I would probably go with this decision and remove them as rages entirely. Also, your opinion on the vanish + doom fix indicates to me that you align more with cementing the intent of the original developers rather than trying to preserve the OG ff6 “experience”.

I could also see you including them as rages and putting them on the veldt. This would give the hack a little more content and would be nice for gau. Also, it seems like in previous iterations of this patch you have included them as rages? I’m not sure. In which case, removing them could feel like you are cutting content. I can understand not wanting to do that. The thing I’m a little confused about is the idea of not putting them on the veldt and having them obtainable through the coliseum. From what I understand, gau can only learn rages on the veldt. While this would work, the solution seems to deviate heavily from the original rage mechanic intent. In my subjective opinion, that may be the least desirable option. Not from a pragmatic stance, rather from a stance of keeping the original game mechanics consistent (as flawed as they might be at times).

Ultimately, in my opinion, I think the choice comes down to including them as rages/putting them on the veldt, or not doing that. I don’t know if this warrants two separate patches. It doesn’t “seem” like it is that divisive, but I haven’t beaten the game so what do I know?

I’m sorry that you have not been feeling well. I just made this profile, so forgive me if I am overstepping any boundaries. The task in creating a compilation of all these bug fixes must be quite taxing. Having to deal with the aforementioned life issues on top of stuff like COVID is understandably a burden. If I could give any advice, it would probably be to reach out to people for support. I can’t speak much to your personal life (IMO), but the community here seems to be very supportive. I’m sure if you asked for help on your hack, plenty of people would be willing to lend you their aid wether it’s organizing, debugging questions, opinions about execution, etc. The bottom line is that if all this work is putting a strain on your ability to be happy, then let others share in your burden so you can be content in life. (Sorry for all the sap, also sorry for using the word “intent” so much).

Messages In This Thread
RE: C. V. Reynolds Bug-Fix Compilation and Script Fix - by REDTITAN - 10-06-2021, 11:12 PM