Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Undead status and Near Fatal attacks

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
(10-12-2018, 08:10 AM)Odbarc Wrote: I think spells generally have a flag that determines if it's a "doom" kind of spell. I forget what it's called exactly but when any of these abilities can hit an enemy, they all can.

Because the game (creators, or monsters) would want you to cast Doom and heal the creatures, it would be a disadvantage if they were immune to it. As such, abilities like Demi (or Cyan's SwordTech 3) are cannot be immune to either.

I thought the Near Fatal flag in the multi-editor was just the status of the character kneeling when their HP is low. Basically to be inflicted with this would change their sprite until they act and default back to their regular pose. All it would (or might) do is offer a chance to use your near-fatal Limit Breaks - maybe - if it was on your player characters.

Do any spells actually cause Near Fatal? I don't think it does. The ME just kind of includes the option(s) because it's there, like how it includes those [????????] that no one has figured out what they do yet.

I used to assume that Cyclonic was considered a "near fatal" spell since it reduces enemies to near-death, but of course I later realized the near fatal checkbox in the monster editor of FF3USME does absolutely nothing.

If my first post was confusing, I was merely trying to see if it was possible to stop Cyclonic from working on undead monsters without checking the box for immunity to instant death spells - because that would then cause the "randomly kills" graphics bug (or the lack of an "X" over enemies when they die).  It sounds like this may not be possible, and I guess all the undead monsters in my game have to be vulnerable to Cyclonic...
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Undead status and Near Fatal attacks - by Lightning - 10-12-2018, 12:48 PM