Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
"Enhanced" Portraits. Yay or nay?

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
(10-03-2018, 06:06 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Comparing them side to side I prefer the originals, but your edits aren't bad at all, just a bit too dark or desaturated than I'm used to I think it is. If they are all uniformed though it might work out, would like to see a picture of them in the game menu. I think I may like your Leo a bit more, actually. His portrait can only be improved I'd think lol.

Yeah, enhancing any graphic almost always results in a slightly desaturated look, even though I used almost the exact same brightness for the highs and lows. That is because the extra color gradient removes the cartoonish effect, resulting in a more realistic yet slightly desaturated appearance. I ran in to this same problem when I made high-res skins for all of the Unreal monsters/inventory. The High-res skins would always appear slightly desaturated even though I compared the original skins side by side to make the new skins, thanks to the detail textures and extra shading.  I guess this is why modern games always look washed out (which I actually hate).
  Find

Messages In This Thread
"Enhanced" Portraits. Yay or nay? - by Lightning - 10-03-2018, 01:32 PM
RE: "Enhanced" Portraits. Yay or nay? - by Lightning - 10-03-2018, 06:51 PM
RE: "Enhanced" Portraits. Yay or nay? - by Odbarc - 10-12-2018, 08:18 AM