Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Finishing Off The Complete Roster Hack

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
(07-24-2018, 11:55 AM)Scorcher Wrote: An idea that I've had regarding the shop screen is to simply have Umaro unable to change equipment whatsoever, and to simply make it so Gogo can equip anything, and have the shop screen show the two new characters instead of those two. I feel like Gogo being able to equip anything fits him... her... it perfectly, but I understand that maybe not everyone would know how to balance that properly.

This is more or less what I did in Definitive Edition. Kappa can only equip the Imp Armor and the Genji Armor, and Umaro can only equip a handful of things, none of which can be purchased in shops anyway. I actually moved Umaro over to Profile $0F and swapped his spritesheet with Leo's to get the desired result.

The issue with OAM is that it doesn't reference the SRAM to determine which character it should display in the shop screen. It literally just looks to the sprite sheet. You could load whatever sprite you want into character $00 (Terra), but the shop would always display spritesheet $00, which is Terra. That's why it is, to put it lightly, the pit that the Full Roster Hack died in back in 2016. First, nobody ever figured out how to successfully load 16 characters into the shop. When they did, the characters loaded in were sprite sheets 15 and 16, the Soldier and the Imp. There was talk of a hack synchronizing it with what was in SRAM, but then we needed to figure out how to get the character stats loaded in too. It was a mess. Hatzen finally just eliminated the shop screen altogether and replaced it with the "who can equip?" screen from the item menu. It's a decent workaround, but not a good long-term fix.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finishing Off The Complete Roster Hack - by PowerPanda - 07-24-2018, 12:54 PM