Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fixing Event Trigger Corruption

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 238
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(11-06-2017, 01:40 PM)PowerPanda Wrote: For my test, I used Zone Doctor CE to shift the y-coordinates of a single event trigger up by one, then examined the rom in a hex editor. It had added in all of the junk data.

Zone Doctor CE is no different from Zone Doctor regarding the instability it has and corruption it can lead to. I only added the expansion feature I had done in FF6LE Rogue CE. I have put extra warnings on the utility page on the wiki regarding Zone Doctor.

(11-06-2017, 01:40 PM)PowerPanda Wrote: There is currently no fix that I can determine from this, short of copying in the data from an untouched rom, then going back through FF6LE and making edits to the event triggers of every single map I touched. However, I also suspect that NPC and Treasure Data was affected as well, so I'd probably be better off starting with an untouched rom, re-making my map edits in FF6LE, using FF3usME to import my script changes, and then using a hex editor to copy over the event script changes. It's... going to take a while. A LONG while with a new baby in the house.

This is probably the good decision. I also noticed with the Lunar IPS report that your hack had a lot of event changes, I'm not sure if all those were intentional or if the event editor reorganized a lot of stuff. By a lot I mean more changes than a hack like this would require.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Fixing Event Trigger Corruption - by PowerPanda - 11-05-2017, 06:48 PM
RE: Fixing Event Trigger Corruption - by madsiur - 11-05-2017, 06:54 PM
RE: Fixing Event Trigger Corruption - by madsiur - 11-06-2017, 12:45 PM
RE: Fixing Event Trigger Corruption - by madsiur - 11-06-2017, 03:41 PM
RE: Fixing Event Trigger Corruption - by madsiur - 11-07-2017, 05:37 PM