The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Quasar messes up Tornado's graphics

Threads: 13
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
This is referring to the bug detailed here, where W Wind turns into a weird pattern of vertical stripes. I've found the problem, and it's in the animation scripts. Quasar changes the shape of the HDMA scroll window for its rotating vertical line effect and doesn't reset it afterwards, which leaves W Wind looking weird. However, there are some other spells that do clean up the scroll window, so if you cast one of them after casting Quasar, then W Wind will look normal.

I know how to fix this: I need to add an HDMA cleanup command in the animation script, and I can do it either at the end of Quasar's script or the beginning of W Wind's. What I'd like to know first is if there are any other spells whose animations are affected by Quasar. There are a handful of spells that use the HDMA scroll window in the BG1 layer, like Bio, Flare Star, Pearl Wind and Goner. I've tested all four of those and found no change.

I think the rest of those spells do have an HDMA cleanup in their scripts, so I would be amazed to find out that there's another spell besides Quasar that messes up W Wind.

EDIT: After further testing, I found that Spiraler also gets messed up in the same way as W Wind after Quasar is cast. Now I have everything I need to implement my fix, but still, if anyone finds any other HDMA anomalies like this, let me know!

EDIT: I have made a patch to fix the bug. You can download it here!
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to 13375K37CH3R for this post:
  • DrakeyC (12-10-2017), seibaby (10-03-2017), SSJ Rick (10-02-2017), Warrax (12-07-2017)

Messages In This Thread
Quasar messes up Tornado's graphics - by 13375K37CH3R - 09-30-2017, 12:59 PM