Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Event Hacking - What am I doing wrong?

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
(05-04-2017, 03:20 PM)auraplatonic Wrote: Of course that begs the question, why even use ZD in the first place?  Well for me, it is just alot easier to get a clear picture of what the event is going to do because it is all translated for me right there.  If you become fluent in the event code I guess you wouldn't need that but for me it's helpful.  

Thanks for the offers of help. I totally agree that it's just easier to see it in ZD. I'm going to stick with my current plan of editing a single event in the rom using ZD. Then I'll play through the game, using save states to switch to a different rom just before the event triggers. That will be the most dynamic way to make edits and get a feel for the overall flow of the hack. Then, when I've done my playtesting run, I'll take the data from the dozen or so rom files I have and start porting them over, event by event. I'm keeping very close track of how much space my changes take, so I'll have a good idea of where to Frankenstein things together from.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Event Hacking - What am I doing wrong? - by PowerPanda - 05-04-2017, 07:29 PM