Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Patch] Granular Damage Modification

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
(02-05-2017, 08:16 PM)Imzogelmo Wrote: As for what to do with it, I still have no idea really, but it would be a great thing to incorporate into a deep hack project. If you don't mind, I think I'll add the functionality into my as-yet-unnamed compilation patch, along with 24-bit HP for monsters, bugfix selection, and other such amenities.

You're absolutely welcome to use my code in your compilation. Your project sounds really neat and if you don't mind I'd like a copy of that reassemblable C2 bank to use as basis for my own work. Smile

As for utility, most vanilla spells that make use of damage modification really work best with the binary option, so I can see why they simplified things. The best utility I can see is to allow things that ignore defense to not ignore Safe/Shell (and Drakkhen made a patch eons ago for just that). Adding random variance to stuff like potions or Runic is kinda neat, I guess, although mostly for flavour. Where this would shine is most likely in entirely new custom spell or Tools effects.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
[Patch] Granular Damage Modification - by seibaby - 02-05-2017, 06:42 PM
RE: [Patch] Granular Damage Modification - by seibaby - 02-06-2017, 04:08 AM