The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sprite Request

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Medicated
Has anyone ever made a generic bald nude-doll with the proportions of the FF6 character sprite sheet to make editing new NPCs or player characters easier?
I think a lot of us start off and somewhat rely on editing existing sprites and asset swapping the good and better stuff that already exists. It could probably be done in minutes if I went out of my way to do it myself realistically...

... anyway, I might be getting back into my romhack and wanted a unique character or two to replace existing characters and while I love the sprites I've done in the past (Like playable Cid, Sigfried, ect.) I figure I can make quality unique sprites not based on any existing character.
Thought I am likely to asset steal a bunch of existing work (especially hair) and I've got almost 50MB of files for such a task. (Mind that a lot of this is mostly monster sprites from other games that could fit into FF6).

One character might just be a re-magined Relm with the cape or hat to replace Terra so when she uses Morph I can give her SSJ hair. Is there a way to alter the colors of morphed Terra? I think it uses it's own unique color palette but my sprite editors 'let me' change the color until they're in game and they switch back to default. I'd prefer to keep a skin-tone and clothes (somewhat) consistent.

Messages In This Thread
Sprite Request - by Odbarc - 12-20-2016, 02:24 AM
RE: Sprite Request - by madsiur - 12-21-2016, 02:50 PM
RE: Sprite Request - by Odbarc - 12-21-2016, 06:09 PM
RE: Sprite Request - by madsiur - 12-21-2016, 06:47 PM
RE: Sprite Request - by Odbarc - 12-22-2016, 02:55 PM
RE: Sprite Request - by JWhiteLXXXIX - 12-22-2016, 03:57 PM