The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 Music Overhaul

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hi all,

I come seeking aid for a complete music overhaul project I'm working on. This is for the PC\Steam version of the game, but I hear that the game files are identical so it could be useful for other ff6 formats.

I cannot get the songs that I've included in the game (I've done them all) to loop properly.

What I did:
I took all the music .akb files using FFVIExplore, found orchestral music online, converted those to .obb, looped them by samples (LoopStart=  and LoopEnd=) in Audacity, created an .obb that has the same type of content in the file (looked at an .akb file and noticed it only had LoopStart= and LoopEnd= , no authors or comments, etc), took the akb header info for all the files and put them in the new.obb files, renamed file.obb to file.akb, and put them in the game.

The Result:

The result is that everything plays in the game, but the looping doesn't! It loops flawlessly in audacity, but the game doesn't seem to care where I put my LoopEnd=. 

Discoveries:
1): The game will only recognize new music up to the length of the original song. So if the original song goes for X samples, and my new song goes for Y>X samples, It won't recognize any loops or content beforehand.

2): All the loop information that the game uses is in the akb file. I tried making a song where all the loop information is within the original length of the song next. This resulted in the exact same looping behaviour in all previous attempts! It seems that the akb file contains not just the length of the song, but the entire loop content (despite the original ogg files containing loop data too).

If somebody can help me out with generating akb files from ogg files, that would be great!

TheMathKing
  Find

Messages In This Thread
FF6 Music Overhaul - by TheMathKing - 12-07-2016, 06:14 PM
RE: FF6 Music Overhaul - by madsiur - 12-07-2016, 10:50 PM
RE: FF6 Music Overhaul - by mike9k1 - 02-14-2022, 01:16 AM