The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Bugfix: Near Fatal is applied even if Dead

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Near Fatal is actively applied to any entity with HP less than an eighth, at battle start, on formation switch, and after each strike of an attack. This happens even if that entity is afflicted with Death (NOT Zombie or Petrify, as I previously had stated). The game automatically REMOVES Near Fatal along with other statuses upon recieving Death - but Near Fatal is reapplied right away.

This has very little impact - unless you script a monster with an attack which is conditional on Near Fatal status on the target. In this case, it will keep using only that attack, repeatedly, using the attack's default targeting.

This patch stops Near Fatal from being applied to Dead entities.

UPDATE2:  dn helped me discover a much more efficient, space saving method. This is now a one-byte fix. Laugh

Thanks to BTB who alerted me to this bug, and thanks to dn who helped me come up with a simpler fix.
  Find
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to seibaby for this post:
  • B-Run (12-05-2016), Gi Nattak (12-04-2016), madsiur (12-04-2016), SSJ Rick (12-09-2016)

Messages In This Thread
Bugfix: Near Fatal is applied even if Dead - by seibaby - 12-04-2016, 04:53 PM