The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Solving the OAM limit

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
So, this just needs to get done. I don't know enough about VRAM, and hopefully someone around here can help me with the parts im missing. At some point, the game puts together the OAM image from various parts of various sprites into a single space, then the save screens, shop menus, etc... call OAM data from that loaded image using coordinates and offsets. I need to figure out when/how that original OAM image is loaded and created, this is the real key to expansion. I have yet to find this. I've tried using breaks on when certain parts of the image data is read, but to no avail, it doesn't seem to pull in a way that causes a break.

Is there anyone who's REALLY good at finding things in the ROM? If i can figure out how the OAM image(s) are created, I can expand this piece with conditionals. The only real variable is if the standing + fanfare sprites take up all of the allotted space in the shop menus, or if i can fit enough extra sprites for a 15th and 16th character. Tho if the full OAM standing data is loaded in addition to the 14 fanfare characters, i can make it work be replacing a few unused standing sprites with expanded fanfare sprites.... anyway... I know HOW i want to do it, and how to get it working once the base image is created... I just need to FIND IT!

I tried dumping the RAM during the game load screen and looking it over in yychr, no good (but im also not great at that). I'm outside of my realm of expertise here.

Obviously, since im almost done expanding the magic system, I needed something stupidly hard to do. I'm a sadist in hacker form.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to B-Run for this post:
  • Gi Nattak (09-07-2016)

Messages In This Thread
Solving the OAM limit - by B-Run - 09-06-2016, 08:16 AM
RE: Solving the OAM limit - by HatZen08 - 09-06-2016, 02:54 PM