Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Having the option to use Vigor in some spells

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
(05-09-2016, 08:12 PM)Kugawattan Wrote: confirmation wether my formula would make battle power slighty less powerful and allow higher numbers/variety. I've been trying to make calcs and I can never seem to have a formula where Double Vigor equals at least more than double Battle Power.

Battle Power and Vigor factor equally in damage.  Doubling either would double damage. Earlier on, damage should be doubling at pretty even intervals, so you can upgrade weapons more generously. But that kind of  damage inflation obviously can't go on for long, so you need to taper off the increases in Battle Power you get from weapons. Being able to boost Vigor should make up for it late game.

With that said, regarding your concern about displayed numbers, I'll agree that it looks pretty unimpressive in the beginning. All the more rewarding when you get weapons that finally let you break the triple digits. Smile

It's pretty simple to make the formula Battle Power * 2 + (Level * Vigor * [Battle Power / 2]) or even Battle Power + (Level * Vigor * [Battle Power / 4]) if you want. Though the latter would have real Battle Power cap out at 63, and you might not want that.

The first option is pretty good though. It'll let you have some bigger variety of numbers on your weapons. 
EDIT: although it's a reduction in power to any spell with Spell Power > 127 (Ultima, a few others), since you would have to double the spell power of all spells to compensate, and you can't double Ultima's 150 power because it only goes as high as 255.
EDIT2: Disregard that, the halving would apply to Battle Power only (not spell power).
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Having the option to use Vigor in some spells - by seibaby - 05-10-2016, 12:51 AM