Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
B-run's Hacking Tutorials

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Very nice stream yesterday! I think a lot of people enjoyed it! : )

If I can suggest a few minor things, I got four:

1) Using an assembler

At least once, even if it's just to show an example how to use one for an lengthy ASM edit, it would be a good idea for people who never used one. For small edit Hex editor is probably faster and you're more used to this method anyway.

2) Trying bsnes+

I think this debugger while having less secondary features is good for main features and the windows are independent from each others, meaning it could be an interesting option for you visual setup. Not sure if it has features like palette dumper and such. It's also more stable than snes9x. Maybe it worth a try for one stream at least?

3) Covering events

This is not really something to improve but more an aspect of hacking to cover in the future since it's a big part of modifying the game like ASM.

4) Using the wiki RAM map

The RAM map I've put together is outdated, Everything has contributed to one on the hacking wiki that is far more complete. Might be a better idea to show this instead of the .txt file.

Aside of that, a little bit more of general preparation like it was discussed but nothing too prepared that would disallow people to suggest things.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • B-Run (03-25-2016)

Messages In This Thread
B-run's Hacking Tutorials - by madsiur - 03-21-2016, 05:15 PM
RE: B-run's Hacking Tutorials - by B-Run - 03-23-2016, 04:43 PM
RE: B-run's Hacking Tutorials - by madsiur - 03-25-2016, 08:18 AM
RE: B-run's Hacking Tutorials - by B-Run - 03-25-2016, 11:52 AM
RE: B-run's Hacking Tutorials - by madsiur - 03-25-2016, 12:00 PM