The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A few battle-related questions

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
First, I wanted to know if a weapon's hit rate was 200, does this mean their attacks connect 200% of the time? If they're blinded, this would reduce their hit rate to 100%, which would make blind rather useless (only enemies with any evasion whatsoever would be an issue), right? Or I'm missing something out here? Does hit-rate affect anything else other than accuracy, maybe? Critical Hits?

I planned to reduce the hit rate values of most weapons to something lower so enemies that are supposed to evade a lot, actually feel like it. Or would it be more efficient to just make enemies more evasive instead?

My other issue I had, would it be possible to have "physical" magic attacks, ones that use the user vigor and target defense stats to calculate damage (I'm aware there is a check to make spells calculate physical defense)? I changed Blitz to do physical blows and the character that uses it has fittingly no magic power but a lot of vigor to use it, and it would hurt the character to waste all her vigor for magic.

Vigor brings me to my final question: I've heard many times that Vigor was a "useless" stat (one of them in the "What's currently hot" section before the site update). I wonder, is it bugged, or simply does work very little to be noticeable? Is there a patch or a way to make it more like how the Magic stat affects Magic effects? Thanks in advance guys!

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Messages In This Thread
A few battle-related questions - by Kugawattan - 03-19-2016, 02:07 PM
RE: A few battle-related questions - by madsiur - 03-19-2016, 04:33 PM
RE: A few battle-related questions - by Lockirby2 - 03-19-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: A few battle-related questions - by madsiur - 03-19-2016, 11:13 PM
RE: A few battle-related questions - by HatZen08 - 03-19-2016, 10:57 PM
RE: A few battle-related questions - by Catone - 03-21-2016, 05:01 PM
RE: A few battle-related questions - by Catone - 03-23-2016, 08:29 AM
RE: A few battle-related questions - by Catone - 03-23-2016, 10:36 AM