Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF3j Battle Interface Upgrade

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Enlight
Binarynova, on my current status -

I found a solution to the rarer slowdown case and implemented it along with your magic menu suggestion, but I also want to do the same for the item menu before I release. Unfortunately I won't have much time over the next couple of weeks, but I after that I should be able to finish up.

I'm not aware of any significant documentation for this game (beyond my own sloppy notetaking!). Like you said, it hasn't gotten all that much hacking attention. I've generally just been using the fceux debugger and general 6502 (NES CPU) documentation to glean what I can about the code.

As for assembly hacking...if you ever wanted to get into it, I wouldn't start here (haha). Even with the formal training I've had, given the above, I'm sure you can imagine this project has involved a lot of intuition and head-scratching. But if you have your low-level comp sci concepts down, feel free to fire up fceux and give it a whirl.

Either way, you're clearly a more astute tester than I've been, and a pickier player, so that's already valuable to progress.

Messages In This Thread
FF3j Battle Interface Upgrade - by SilentEnigma - 03-02-2016, 03:58 AM
RE: FF3j Battle Interface Upgrade - by Binarynova - 04-08-2016, 01:54 AM
RE: FF3j Battle Interface Upgrade - by Binarynova - 04-17-2016, 06:53 PM
RE: FF3j Battle Interface Upgrade - by SilentEnigma - 04-29-2016, 11:21 AM
RE: FF3j Battle Interface Upgrade - by Binarynova - 05-30-2016, 10:04 PM
RE: FF3j Battle Interface Upgrade - by Binarynova - 07-09-2016, 01:20 PM