* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pertinence of a ff6hacking.com Wiki

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Personally, the more I think about it, things such as "All things event hacking" might better be left as an unchanging forum. That being said, some of the links on the side bar wouldn't hurt at all to be a wiki. Pages such as tools and documents that really do need to be updated fairly often, and would also be easy enough to check to make sure the links haven't been redirected to a virus or some such.

Pages such as "All Things event..." while possibly better presented in wiki format, don't really need to be modified or updated (possibly added to however) and it would be much more difficult to correct any sort of "attack" on that type of information. Sure, limiting the users that have free change power and confirming changes would help, but I for one wouldn't really enjoy going throughthat entire document confirming everything. Again, while maybe more presentable, not really the sprt of data that requires high maintenance or constant updating.

Was also meaning to ask, are you planning to work the wiki part into the normal website? Or are we talking about having the current forum here, then the wiki seperate? Or just changing some links off the main page and directing them to a wiki formated page as needed? My point being, I don't think it would be detrimental to split the site into forum & wiki data format. I know I'm not the only one out there that's never touched the forum side of some sites because everything I needed was on the other half. Not to mention the idea that some would be less inclinded to participate in either half if they have to check both halves to know if anything has changed.

So yeah, I can see it doing some good and lowering maintenance requirements if some things were moved to a wiki format, but converting as much as possible to wiki might really hurt it as a whole in the long run, possibly even more so than if you just quit doing maintenance. Just my thoughts on the matter, don't take it all as hard fact, keeping it in mind might be a good thing though.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Pertinence of a ff6hacking.com Wiki - by madsiur - 02-16-2016, 03:36 PM
RE: Pertinence of a ff6hacking.com Wiki - by Catone - 02-17-2016, 08:39 AM