* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pertinence of a ff6hacking.com Wiki

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 237
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-16-2016, 06:12 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: I'd be willing to chip in with regards to the wiki.  It would be a great place for new users with a "Where do I start" mentality, as well as a way to quickly access resources if need be.  I think it would be helpful to clean up a mess of scattered threads into what would hopefully be a clean and easily updated wiki format.

Thanks for the offer. I think it would be a better place also to link specific documents that always come back in newbie threads as well as a place to have a newbie FAQ and dictionary. Don't forget we have (rarely but still) people asking how to patch a ROM or what is the event dump.

I'm thinking also about threads like "All about event hacking" that would be more presentable in a wiki format.

I've look a bit into the options and one that seems good for our needs is dokuwiki. It's file based rather than database based and it seems lower maintenance than others. The goal would be to lower the maintenance on the forum or rather spread it more among the users, not having a heavy maintenance wiki that 1 or 2 people can manage. There's a choosing wizard here. I'll have to run it again because there was about 14 wiki engines for the options I've chosen but dokuwiki seems to be one of the most complete among them.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Pertinence of a ff6hacking.com Wiki - by madsiur - 02-16-2016, 03:36 PM
RE: Pertinence of a ff6hacking.com Wiki - by madsiur - 02-16-2016, 08:15 PM