The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Poll: Would you get involved in a wiki?
This poll is closed.
Yes 77.78% 7 77.78%
maybe 22.22% 2 22.22%
No 0% 0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pertinence of a ff6hacking.com Wiki

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
I just want to weight the potential reception and involvement among the community if we would host a wiki here. There's already the Data Crytal Page that does a good job with the SNES version and there's also a Slick Forum wiki buit it lacks FF6 info for now.

What I consider could fit in the wiki without doubling the info already on data crystal are details about patches, hacks, utilities, documents and other technical info not present on data crystal. There is also the possibility of putting tutorials there or even use it as a sprite database and start a FFVI Advance section. If you got other possible content ideas, please state them.

The pros of a wiki is that anyone can update it and do corrections. It's also something to watch because we need to avoid as examples false info, bad sprites or misleading tutorials. Another advantage is that it ease greatly the maintenance of different forum section. If everything relevant is centralized in a wiki, no need to have a web coder that need to weekly update and do the maintenance on the utility page, link section, or technical document page. Everyone can be this guy and it makes the web coder a less essential person.

One thing though is that it would require work for more than one person. I won't install a wiki if I'm the only one updating it. Other admins and the community in general need to chip in. I just want to weight the option now and measure potential involvement.

Discuss!
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Pertinence of a ff6hacking.com Wiki - by madsiur - 02-16-2016, 03:36 PM