Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Which Patches Seem Good But Are Bugged?

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Weakness
I think the know-how to do a community project of FFVI 1.2 (with purely bug-fixes) exists now, but my worry is that it would attract the wrong kind of attention. As I alluded earlier, there are hundreds of bugs known in this game (I'd estimate anywhere from 300 to 400), and the majority of those are ones with known fixes. While a few of the bugs do not have clear-cut solutions (and I admit, those which experienced vets argue about are the most interesting), the majority of the bugs are clear and obvious in their solution. It would be remarkable to give the game the kind of treatment it deserves in having a whole new bug-fix version, with enough community backing to be considered quasi-"official".

I appreciate the prayers and good wishes. Those who don't know, I was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma in 2019, and I have done well with the treatment, but eventually treatments stop working and you change.  I recently had a seizure at work, now I am healing but not able to work or really do much at all. The focus is just to get better. Again, thanks for the support and if I can help you I will.  I've forgotten more about this game than most people should ever learn, lol.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which Patches Seem Good But Are Bugged? - by Imzogelmo - 05-06-2016, 07:45 PM