Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What's the Point of Modding FF6 on Different Platforms?

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 47
Status
None
The monsters are higher definition, which means for half of them that appear silly we get a better view of crazy-looking cartoonish monsters staring at us. I would imagine bigger hero sprites might be necessary for any amount of detail that might attract non-ff6 fans, but I wonder if that's absolutely necessary. The tilesets look better but I thought they were fine before with graphics filters on. Basically the original looked like a game that was stuck with SNES graphics, that tried hard to be beautiful and mature...but the new version is a higher definition re-creation of those graphics, with all their flaws, so it strikes me as a new effort in presenting something that looks immature and unserious. If the new developers tried hard to make it mature, we wouldn't have chibi heroes and cartoonish monsters. If we get some awesome sprites I would be super psyched and that could be the best thing for the game. (Thanks for the other points you mentioned also)
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the Point of Modding FF6 on Different Platforms? - by ReturnerScum - 01-30-2016, 09:05 PM