Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Portrait Palette Information

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
For that, you'd have to account for VRAM. Loading the extra palette and portrait on top of everthing else that may be going on at such times, I'm gonna risk it and say the system couldn't handle it without serious sacrifices. It's also been researched pretty heavy once apon a time if I recall correctly, with very negative results.

While I don't remember the results of those previous test exactly, so I'm just guessing here, but it might be possible to load a sprite graphic onto the dialog box. Granted you'd have to add the code (something along the lines of how you add an actor's custom name in a dialog for instance) that would load a sprite pose from the "speaker's" sprite sheet. Think of it like a smiley emoticon, showing surprised/angry/embarassed/etc. Being that if they are speaking the sprite sheet and palette for that character is already on screen. Even if you couldn't load it directly into the text box the other option may be to dupe the sprite on screen and show them in the box (or directly next to it maybe).

Regardless thats, not the goal here. I was looking for info on portrait palettes and portraits in order to expand them and frankly, portrait palettes ain't got no loven' from nobody. So I figured I'd log what I dug up as well as open the door for anyone to inform me of something I missed, was ignorant of, or just flat out didn't know was attached to portraits and their palettes.

Also, thanks for the info, Everything. I would have missed that for sure.

The mention of dialog boxes was just a thought that went through my head as a side note. Figured why not discuss such a possibility and theorize if any more possible than the original concept of portraits in dialog.

And if I recall correctly, the camera is considered just another actor in events, yes it can be move shake and jive with the best of them. Although I have no desire to expand the camera's sprite sheet so don't ask.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Portrait Palette Information - by Catone - 12-09-2015, 04:39 PM
RE: Portrait Palette Information - by Everything - 12-10-2015, 10:36 PM
RE: Portrait Palette Information - by Tenkarider - 12-11-2015, 05:08 AM
RE: Portrait Palette Information - by Gi Nattak - 12-11-2015, 05:21 AM
RE: Portrait Palette Information - by Tenkarider - 12-11-2015, 06:59 AM
RE: Portrait Palette Information - by Catone - 12-11-2015, 07:16 AM