Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Player Portraits and FFT

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Did a quick hatchet job on one of the FFT vanilla portraits, then realized while I had expanded the table for portraits but didn't do the code/pointer adjustments yet...

Regardless, a quick hatchet job. Little filling on both sides (naturally alittle more on the easier back side, little less on the face side) then chopped it down to fit. The hardest part actually seems to be the height, least in my test case. Best I could pull on a quicky was a flat spot on the top of the head. Still considering time + effort, didn't come out bad at all. A quick preview in game, even with the poor spritemanship, it actually fit fairly well with the normal ones (well didn't stand out like a hot pink goose in a flock of snow white chickens).

So personal opinion, yeah it should be worth the effort. Don't seem myself replacing any vanilla portraits, but this really feels like a good solution for filling in missing portraits. "Missing", not portraits that I have a more FF6 style alternative to use.

Hrm... why I didn't see this problem before, what to do about portrait palettes? Having to share them, whew that'd suck, in both the doing and the results I'd imagine.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Player Portraits and FFT - by Catone - 12-09-2015, 08:38 AM
RE: Player Portraits and FFT - by Kugawattan - 12-09-2015, 11:38 AM
RE: Player Portraits and FFT - by Catone - 12-09-2015, 02:05 PM
RE: Player Portraits and FFT - by Rjenyawd - 12-10-2015, 04:42 PM
RE: Player Portraits and FFT - by Catone - 12-10-2015, 04:58 PM
RE: Player Portraits and FFT - by Rjenyawd - 12-10-2015, 05:12 PM
RE: Player Portraits and FFT - by Catone - 12-10-2015, 05:17 PM