The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FF3usME "Seek failed" error

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Mini
This thread is branching of from another post about expanded rom locations for town dialogue pointers. I'm a hex!idiot and assumed I'd have problems, but I actually ran into something that I think may not be my fault, and was wondering if anyone could help me out.

The core problem: I'm trying to modify some dialogue in a rom patched with Dr. Meat's relocalization mod. The mod uses an edited GBA script along with Angelo's Ability name patch, and a slew of bugfixes. Unfortunately, when I try to open the patched rom in FF3usME, it blocks out options to edit anything, and upon trying to 'save' it's throws me an error code, and makes the rom unplayable in Zsnes and other editors.

To be more thorough, here's what I do verbatim:

I apply the headered version of the ips to a clean, headered Final Fantasy III U(V1.0) smc rom, and the message appears telling me that the patch applied successfully. Testing it ingame is perfect. Patch is there and working. I can even open it in FF3SE, so it's still reading it as the correct version of the rom.

Then comes FF3usME. I open up the rom and the only tabs available at the top are

"Open" "Save" and "About". All the other normal tabs are gone. at the bottom the button for "manage expanded rom" is available, so I click that. It opens up the patch and data location window, but the only patch available to apply is the Monster Battle Scripts hack. So I hit apply patch, and then ok. ....now the problem comes up when I try to save it. If I attempt to hit the save button an error code pops up: "Seek failed on C://users ((Rom location on my cpu))"

...So I close it out. Curiouser, when I try to open the rom in FF3SE now, upon trying to load the file....it crashes. No error message, just "has stopped working".

FF3Edit dosen't recognize the rom either. AND it no longer plays on ZSNES.

.....I also can't locate the town dialogue pointers (even with tables) to manually hex edit them in windhex, but I'm about 80% sure that's my own stupidity.

So. ...did I break it good? Is it blown up beyond repair and should I start pestering Madsiur for the GBA tables/rom map instead? Any and all help would be AMAZINGLY appreciated.

Also, if it helps, here is a spliced image of two screencaps I took in the process. One is of the error code, and the other is the "Manage Expanded Rom" section I was getting in FF3usME:

[Image: errorcode.png]

"Find the crystals? Save the world? ...Who even was that guy?!"  Shrug  

http://rjenyawd.deviantart.com/

Find

Messages In This Thread
FF3usME "Seek failed" error - by Rjenyawd - 12-02-2015, 05:48 AM
RE: FF3usME "Seek failed" error - by Gi Nattak - 12-02-2015, 05:58 AM
RE: FF3usME "Seek failed" error - by Rjenyawd - 12-02-2015, 06:11 AM
RE: FF3usME "Seek failed" error - by Gi Nattak - 12-02-2015, 06:25 AM
RE: FF3usME "Seek failed" error - by madsiur - 12-02-2015, 10:11 AM
RE: FF3usME "Seek failed" error - by Catone - 12-02-2015, 11:28 AM
RE: FF3usME "Seek failed" error - by madsiur - 12-02-2015, 12:49 PM