Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ASM coding - Checking battle command in use

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
That's the thing though, with $B5 I was either getting 0 or the correct value. All based on how that character's turn was started, as far as I could tell.

Well, actually yeah it does make sence with that. When I would switch characters with the X button, it would return the correct value (depending on what command I selected to start that code from), but when I let the battle meter fill up and start that character's turn directly, it would clear it... somehow.

Even then, it should still have had a value after I selected the command in battle. I don't see how it was cleared in one instance, yet correct in another instance, nothing should have effected it (let alone cleared it) from the time I selected the command until the window opened.

Right now, its working by checking a bit stored earlier in the command execution code. I did have one instance, after changing it, that it returned a 0 value when I tried to check it. I couldn't get it to do it again though. Still going to add this to my list of things to investigate next time I'm fealing really stuborn.

Actually probably going to try that tomorrow morning, left an extra byte or two free here and there in the code for modification room. Should be able to drop that command inline and see what it is without chamging anything. Now I have to wonder what it'll show.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: ASM coding - Checking battle command in use - by Catone - 11-30-2015, 03:52 PM