The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Trying to re-do the Edgar entrance scene

Threads: 94
Thanks Received: 17
Thanks Given: 26
Status
Charmed
This is going to be my first 'big event' (well, big for me) editing. I want to do something like this. Bear with me, explaining isn't my forte.

'Edgar' and his warrior are talking when the protag talks to him. Terra steps back as usual. 'Locke' would tap the the warrior who turns, gets surprised and moves to the right. The king steps forward, introduce themselves and the character introduction (when the screen turns black and explanation text appears) for the warrior instead. The warrior leaves, 'Locke' and 'Edgar' chat and later the king also leaves, and 'Locke' stays with Terra instead of leaving the group.

Hopefully I'm being clear. Basically, I need to add a character that looks like its talking to 'Edgar' (I've managed to do this), but I can't seem to give the correct animations to the warrior and do a correct chain of events after that. I've got some sort of event hacking experience but I can't seem to completely understand how to get stuff to work, especially from scratch.

If someone could somewhat 'monitor' me along I would greatly appreciate it.

Step forward, spriters! We are also responsible to make hacks look new and fresh, we are no less important than code or ASM hackers! CHARGE!!

Messages In This Thread
Trying to re-do the Edgar entrance scene - by Kugawattan - 11-21-2015, 05:54 PM