Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A Little ASM/Hex Help Needed~

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Other than the scene where Relm paints Ultros (honestly I'm not sure if that is all battle event code or if it actually uses the command sketch?) But, worst case shouldn't be difficult to just skip the entire battle event.

That one scene is the only thing I can think to get in the way unless someone that has boinked Sketch/Control before knows of any issues removing them. The technical type of issues like other code referancing it.

Otherwise, I don't see any issue there.

On a later note, I dug out my old notebook to look at the code I used to make Leap/Rage use the same slot in battle (Leap as his actual command, run check, if not on Veldt replace with Rage). My use was to free up a command slot and give him fight, but Hide/Return would need a similar code else you'll have to auto return or give up two of the PCs four battle commands.

Now, my idiot self didn't comment the code when I wrote it, but some checking here might be an issue (or not).

Leap has a full on check for if it should be in the list or not. (Is on veldt? No? Do not display command) (happens at C2/543E). Simple to cut in on this case and tell it to display a different command instead of a blank slot.

Sketch on the other hand, is in a small list with others that switch based on an item. (One list for what commands, followed by a similar list in the same order with the commands they become if the relic is equipped).

Not sure where/how/when the relic check is made. I think at the start of battle, so forcing it to recheck, and change to "return" durning each turn may be tricky. Or not, Morph/Revert does it so should just have to copy that bit of code and go from there.

Summary of my gibberish and aimless rambling: Yeah should work.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
A Little ASM/Hex Help Needed~ - by Alby4t5 - 10-02-2015, 10:03 AM
RE: A Little ASM/Hex Help Needed~ - by Catone - 10-02-2015, 11:34 AM
RE: A Little ASM/Hex Help Needed~ - by Catone - 10-02-2015, 11:46 AM
RE: A Little ASM/Hex Help Needed~ - by Gi Nattak - 10-02-2015, 02:35 PM
RE: A Little ASM/Hex Help Needed~ - by Alby4t5 - 10-03-2015, 01:26 AM
RE: A Little ASM/Hex Help Needed~ - by Catone - 10-03-2015, 07:13 AM
RE: A Little ASM/Hex Help Needed~ - by Alby4t5 - 10-03-2015, 01:07 PM
RE: A Little ASM/Hex Help Needed~ - by Catone - 10-03-2015, 07:30 PM