Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 ROTDS first time run playthrough

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 149
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
About the sprite not changing (Morph, Vanish, etc.), after looking into this I was pretty sure it was caused by a flag that was customized to disallow warping (and running still) from some certain formations that in the original did not play out like a normal battle. Kinda hard to explain atm, but anyway, while being half right I see now that it's actually an original bug possibly of sorts with the 'Can't run w/L+R,warp/smoke works' flag that some of the more special formations that have battle events of some sort, well this is the check I (madsiur did the coding) use now for some formations like I said, and I see here in the original game if it is checked the sprites do not change either... So in other words it happens as well in the original if that flag is set and you Morph, Clear, Imp etc., and is not the fault of madsiur's warp check code which I thought at first =p

Also, if you enter the battle vanished, or imped, it will not show it still, so the flag makes sure to show the character sprite only seems like.

So maybe this is not a bug I'm thinking, like that flag/code is set up intentionally like this as a precaution to prevent the characters from changing sprites when entering the epic scene battles? That's probably it... maybe it can be deactivated. Anyone know where this might be located? Then I guess that would have them possible to be invisible or imp for those special formation scenes, but I could just remove all statuses via event I'd think if that's the case right before those battles.

As for Ark the airship esper there denying Serin to come aboard, while hilarious, I am not sure how that happened, it's set 100% not to miss and besides that I have no clue lol. I can't seem to re-produce it, but I'll have to look into it more.
EDIT:
Actually, Palidor makes a character not jump if you have Petrify, Sleep, Stop, Hide, or Freeze status applied, so it must have been one of those on him.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: FF6 ROTDS first time run playthrough - by Gi Nattak - 10-21-2015, 11:31 PM