Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Monsters Countering One Attack As If It Were A Different Attack

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Okay, so if I'm understanding your post correctly, and forgive me if I'm not - even after working on this hack for a full year, albeit slowly, I still feel fairly new to this, so I was a little confused at first and simply guessed based on the part that I could understand of it (the only "F1" in the counterattack portion of the script that I see, the "Targeting: use normal targeting" part of my Blitz counter, I tried removing entirely, and it had no effect on the bug, as it still triggered the same way as before, so I tried interpreting it another way) - I need to put the "FC 17 45 00" line immediately after the "FC 05 00 00" line, right? That did indeed make Ultros respond to NoiseBlaster with an Ink directed at Edgar. Though it also made Ultros respond to Potion in the same manner. (He also responded the same way when Terra cast Cure on him - spat an Ink in her face.) Surely the game is not *supposed* to trigger counterattacks on healing spells/items/etc., is it? (Spells and/or commands designed specifically to heal don't sound like they should be classified as "attacking" the target. Or does the game see any sort of targeting whatsoever as "attacking" the target? Elemental absorption would be another story, of course, as Ice3 is still an attempt to attack the target, regardless of their ability to nullify or absorb the attack.) Or did I misunderstand your instructions?
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Monsters Countering One Attack As If It Were A Different Attack - by BohepansTheFirst - 05-28-2015, 06:07 PM