Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Monsters Countering One Attack As If It Were A Different Attack

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Ooh, okay, it just sounded to me like the FC 05 bug was specific to "if monster is attacked", since the others were "FC" and a different number. But still, it wouldn't hurt to try (and it'll take care of that one particular bug, at least, which surely isn't a bad thing as long as it doesn't break anything else), so I will do that. And don't worry about the "make a backup just in case" thing - though it might be overkill, I have a folder with a bunch of backups of my hack - 243 MB/81 back ups worth of old versions, dating back to March 18th of last year - if anything goes wrong at any point while making my hack, I should be able to go back as far as needed (even if reluctantly, heh!). Glad you mentioned it, though, just in case.

Pardon the double post, let me know if I'm not supposed to do that (as in I should have edited this into my previous message, or something) and have inconveniently forgotten. ^_^; Anyway...
[EDIT: Yep, the auto-merging answered my question. Sorry! I'll remember from now on!]
Okay so, I applied the patch, and the hack didn't seem to break or anything. Here's my testing so far.
I open the battle with Banon: Defend, Terra: Defend, Sabin: AuraCannon, Edgar: AutoCrossBow - Ultros smacks Sabin with Ink/Tentacle as he's supposed to after AuraCannon, but then he immediately smacks Sabin again with Ink/Tentacle after Edgar uses AutoCrossBow.
I open with Banon: Defend, Terra: Fire, Sabin: Defend, Edgar: AutoCrossBow - Terra gets yelled at then hit with Ink/Tentacle, then Sabin gets hit with just Ink. (Expected and normal behavior.)
I open with Banon: Defend, Terra: Defend, Sabin: Pummel, Edgar: AutoCrossBow - Sabin gets two Inks in his face, and Edgar only gets one. (Also expected and normal behavior.)
I switch to BioBlaster instead of AutoCrossBow and redo the above three scenarios - Ultros counters completely properly.
I tried also switching to a standard physical attack, NoiseBlaster (not that this has any effect, given Ultros is immune to Confusion), a Potion, an Ether, a Gold Needle (er, Soft), just whatever I can think of that might even be slightly different from previous commands - every time, Ultros incorrectly counters Sabin the same way as when I used AutoCrossBow. And to be sure (even if unnecessarily), I had Terra be the one to launch a standard Attack on him, still had the same results of Ink/Tentacle to Sabin's face. When I had Terra use Cure on him...he smacks Sabin in the face with Ink. (No Tentacle, though.) And then when Edgar used Attack right after that Cure, he got a proper counter in return.
I'm not sure what other attacks/items/commands I can test at the moment (that would actually be available at the time of this fight, anyway), so I'll leave it at that. Let's just say, Ultros seems to counter Terra's Fire with absolutely no problems, never trying to use that counter on someone else - but that AuraCannon counter is just not wanting to act correctly, for some reason. It wouldn't be because it's a subset of a different command I'm having Ultros counter, would it? I really don't want to give up Ultros's AuraCannon counter, since it's the second strongest attack that can be thrown at this first Ultros encounter in my hack, so...
I even tested to be sure the bugfix patch so much as took hold - in base game, had I triggered a "if monster has been attacked" counter with the Fight command, then used a Potion on the same monster, he'd incorrectly attack the one who used the Fight command, due to said bug, right? After using Attack on Ultros as the first thing targeting him (to trigger the counter), I tried following it up with using Potion, NoiseBlaster, Gold Needle, and Cure on him - none of these things made him counter, even though Attack did, so that means the bugfix patch *did* take hold, right?
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Monsters Countering One Attack As If It Were A Different Attack - by BohepansTheFirst - 05-24-2015, 08:09 PM