The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy 6 Alternative Universe project (Latest update: 02 06 2015)

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Alright, it was (quite) some time since I did any FF6 modding, and I wanted to start up a new project of sorts.

Before making this thread, I brushed up on things like event editing and made a base that fully removed the player from using the Magitek armour, since I personally like it, but only for the enemy to use.

In this project, I'm changing the playable cast (Everyone but Setzer, Gau, Relm and Umaro.) as well as this, I'm changing their abilities, what they can and cannot equip and having an enforced spell set for each character.

The magic system is being redone with new elements being introduced (such as earth and wind) and espers are now used by a particular character for their special skill. (I was researching this before and I can't remember if I got it working, but the character would have the summon command and it would summon the equipped magicite.)

Enemies are being changed both visually and are having their AI reworked.

As well as the overworld, town and dungeon maps (focus on overworld edits, but varying to the town and dungeon maps.)

For instance, I'm using aspects of dungeons to create new ones, such as for Figaro, instead of moving the castle, we need to go through a cave to get to the other side.

In terms of story changes, it's being changed to be darker than the original game, but with my limited event editing, I'm not sure how extensive the actual event changes will be, but certain events are being restructured, such as the Narshe battle being done as a distraction for the original Locke scenario so he can sneak into Figaro.

I don't have a name for it yet, but I'm working on this and I'll post screens and updates when I can.

In terms of progress, I have different amounts of sprites, scripts and internal aspects scattered across different files, but I'm unifying them and making edits to form a more cohesive game as a whole.

(I had some issues before, such as after editing the maps, I ended up messing up the game and lost progress there, and due to my (absurd) number of backups, its now almost impossible to tell which one is more complete than the others. xD)

I don't have much time to work on it today, but I have the whole day tomorrow to work on it.

---Edit 02.06.2015---

A new video update.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZxT44h0veU

In terms of progress, I was doing more 'misc' things, such as further mapping out the world, trying to figure out who joins and when (Banon is more of a recurring guest character) as well as finding out if certain things were feasible.

I got several new enemy sprites and finetuned them to be closer to the original design and palettes of what I replaced them with.

I'm trying to dabble with new animations, which are quite fun to try to create entirely new spell animations, I won't go overboard with it, but I'll try to get some new interesting graphics for the player spells if nothing else.

I am currently calibrating how strong the enemies are, the current formula I'm using is that common enemies are 2.5 times stronger in HP, MP, Magic and strength, while their defenses are 1.25 times higher and seeing how that works for the first few areas in the game.

I was doing more testing with battle and field events and other misc things.

┬──┬ ノ(゜-゜ノ) I return thee table to thy intended position, mankind does not mean to flip you so often.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Final Fantasy 6 Alternative Universe project (Latest update: 02 06 2015) - by Murak Modder - 05-23-2015, 11:34 AM