Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted!

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
The soldiers will defiantly be moving a little faster, (well at least with less stopping to smell the roses). As well as the first wave being designated as Shock Troopers, sprint across the field first in order to delay the enemy (you) long enough that the rest of the army can get into position. The rest will have some variation in speed in relation to their advance.

Anyway, currently I have most of the pre-battle setup (on the player's side and the Empire's). If all goes as planned (and so far everything seems to be lined out kinda), the Player will have the 7 standard characters: Terra, Locke, Cyan, Celes, Edgar, Sabin, and Gau.

As well as a fully functional, equipable, and by all accounts level-able before hand, Banon.

As well as one ghetto Returner soldier that... just takes up space... and dies alot. (There is one potential issue with this, the sprite naturally, getting it to work that is. Haven't successfully done that before.) If it goes as planned, he should turn up in the Party selection screen. (I say "should", meaning I have no clue why he would NOT show up.) The problem here all lies on the sprite issue. Ideas I have, a chance I have, what I don't have is the nerve to try it yet.

And good old, worthless, Arvis for a cheerleader. Ain't he just great? Might even make him dance for you because I'm just that damn good. (who am I kidding... be lucky if he don't show up without a head attached.)

So, that gives the Player, 9 characters (worst case, 8)... what does the enemy have? A whole lot more than that. Just hope it doesn't crash from all the chit running around...

After that, I think I've got all the rest of the pieces for the Battlefield found and accounted for. Just have to write it. THEN the fun part, quick testing to see if the battle is to my taste and doesn't result in a total meltdown, or instant zerg.

Next comes the cosmetic details. I think the extra PCs and NPCs should have to march their butt to the field just like everybody else. Maybe an extra cut scene or two, who knows. We'll just have to see what happens.

Summary: I have a plan, just a matter doing it.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Catone - 03-16-2015, 07:36 PM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Jeff - 03-16-2015, 07:48 PM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by madsiur - 03-16-2015, 07:52 PM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Catone - 03-16-2015, 07:57 PM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Catone - 03-17-2015, 10:06 AM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Jeff - 03-17-2015, 03:02 PM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Catone - 03-18-2015, 06:52 AM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Catone - 03-18-2015, 03:57 PM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Catone - 03-18-2015, 09:58 PM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Catone - 03-20-2015, 09:38 PM