The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Current Party GP Checking and High Prices

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
I tried to name the post something descriptive and searchable because I was beating the 30 sec search timer like a red headed step-child and still found nothing regarding this.

The question is: I want to charge the party a... marginally high price. I was thinking in the ballpark of 600,000 or so. Now the removal process worked fine actually.
Code:
B3 0A HH HH HH 4B MM MM FE

85 60 EA FE

HH=Placeholder for address
MM=Placeholder for message

B3 to run the subroutine 10 times, subroutine with 85 to remove 60k per run. Simple enough, does work. What if you don't have 600,000? I'm not finding a code to check current party GP.
In this instance, once the choice is made, the money is pulled, the bits are set and the conversation is never mentioned again. If the party doesn't have enough to finish the command, well I'm not sure it would do anything other than give free stuff away, or crash so it is needed here.

BUT, the next part of the project is butchering the auction house in Jidoor, and yes its gonna have some very high prices (just because I can). Which means, unlike the more resonably priced espers that are sold, I don't want the random auction to drop a 800k price tag on an unprepaired player. I need to add a check for how much the party has before the auction is picked, so you at least have the option to get this stuff. (Well, I could add another event that voids the sale if the player doesn't buy it, but would still rather have a money check.)

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Current Party GP Checking and High Prices - by Catone - 01-21-2015, 06:38 PM