Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
BNW: first time run Playthrough

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Well, they were in my channel for more than a month, but only now i managed to put the commentary on the 3 last segments... here we go!

FF6 BNW: first time run part 44 - Kefka tower assault: part 2

1) Assassin IS an assassin(surely it is on my weakest group)
2) Lost THAT chest! how could i?
3) Same for Green-D...
4) Black Heart + Refract saves the day...
5) Ragnarok rocks!

Good damage dealers, 3 bosses in 1 and the weakest party... the worst combination. After (i don't remember) many tries, i manage to win. Umaro was the man, with Blizzard orb, but everyone was necessary: Cyan was too much underleveled, but the only one able to use life and deal Seizure(also Aero from Strago could, but he was busy casting Black Omen), Relm was the leader... good in everything, except reviving... and Strago the supporter.

With Green-D ends up better, but i need to block poison damage and keeping on Refract for Image status.

FF6 BNW: first time run part 45 - Dealing with gods

1) Main team rocks!
2) Second team not sucks, but the goddess kicks hard;
3) 666! -> 9999 damage -> goddess is story;
4) Third team sucks.

Kaiser was a powerful AoE spammer, but the main team is great too: Locke as super attacker, Edgar as supporter, Terra as deadly Mage and Shadow both strong and, with my surprise, reveals also a good stamina healer...
Similar with Asura, but easier: North star was nasty, except that and a sudden super-cheap Meteo(which could one shot the party) the boss is just story...
The goddess is a troublemaker, being a side attack it denies 4xAoE heals and Turmoil binds Sabin to the ground... But Starlight is surely the most hated move. When Quasar cycle starts, the battle becomes almost unbearable... for Sabin at least.
Mog can be helpful only staying hidden in the sky, Sabin Bumrushes when is alive, Celes is forced to heal and revive... when she has a moment, then she can also dare a revive or even Holy... Setzer is the key of the battle: 2xfixed dice is the thing. Sometimes he can also use revive...
What makes Celes and Setzer stay alive is Minerva and Thunder Shield for Setzer, also they have to stay on the same side.
The finishing blow is a 666 dice result... priceless.
Myria(? wasn't better goddes as Myria?) is somehow the right boss for team 3: while they still suck, he casts reflectable spells and relies on Tyrfing, which makes perma-reflect and lores the key of the battle. Refract is the ideal for letting Umaro attack without risking death, the same for Relm which has need of chaining flare with Punisher, since the whole battle costs too much MP for her.
Regen X of Relm is a must, since ignores reflect, heals and replace seizure status...
When he starts to use Aero, a good magic defence and Diamond?(or maybe crystal?) gears are great for halve the damage.

FF6 BNW: first time run final showdown - Tenkarider VS Kefka

1) Turtling is stupid against the first 2 final battles;
2) Healing becomes a cycle against last 2 final battles;
3) Avenger reveals suddenly useful, at the very end...
4) Rest is the usual bastard... lost 3 members before Kefka;
5) Celes, Sabin and Setzer joins against Kefka... maybe a good fact?
6) 2x Goner???
7) Terra and Celes are forced to give up casting on Kefka for support;
8) Sabin and Setzer will do that instead;
9) Healing MP items are finished?!?
10) The same for Terra MP!
11) Sabin is the last battery and Setzer saves the day with 444 -> 9999
12) Happy ending!

The first 2 battles are nasty if you care too much of staying high with HP, it's better to rush and then healing, In the third battle it's the exact opposite... Kefka is a real bastard: Goner is destructive and fallen one doesn't help really much to stay alive, attack are strong enough to smash Sabin and spells quite strong(except on Celes, with Minerva)
At a certain point a second Goner is chained(could that be a counter to Ultima?) to the first one, which makes shit myself... saved only thanks to revive on Terra... after that point i'm forced to heal with Terra(too much fear of repeating a one hour-long battle)
Celes Heals and Runic, so that she's also able to gain MP; The others are free to attack, until Goner knock them down... and so on.
When the going gets tough i also finish MP and items that restores them, then i remember that Sabin knows Chakra... and at the end Setzer get the Jackpot! 444 -> 9999 damage and Kefka is dead.

That's all, folks!

My next run will be on a very particular hack... stay tuned!

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Messages In This Thread
BNW: first time run Playthrough - by Tenkarider - 11-16-2014, 12:15 AM
RE: BNW: first time run Playthrough - by Tenkarider - 02-17-2015, 03:42 PM