The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Changing Damage formulas

Status
None
So I've done a bunch of digging over the past few days trying to figure out a change which I thought would be relatively simple, and I've gotten a lot closer but still feel so far. I simply want to change damage calculation algorithms. Magic and Physical. I've found the C2 disassembly (http://assassin17.home.comcast.net/~assa...code2i.txt) and located the stuff in windhex, but I'm unsure how to modify what the actual algorithm is.

So say, for example, the magic calculation divides by 32 and I want to change it to something else, let's say 64 for the sake of ease. How would I actually change this line of code to do that? I've searched everywhere and nothing seems to explain how to actually change this. I've found where it does this, but I have no idea how to modify the function the way I want to:
Code:
C2/2B90: 20 D1 0D     JSR $0DD1   (Divide 24-bit Damage by 32.  [note the
                                   division operates on 4 bytes] )
I have very limited assembly knowledge (see: http://www14.brinkster.com/assassin17/thegun.htm and all I do is click on the opcode and it tells me a bunch of stuff I don't understand).

I have found stuff around C2/2B69 where it tells what stat it's pulling and I've figured out how to tell it to pull a different stat, but unfortunately that still leaves me with these ridiculous equations where one stat skyrockets above the other in terms of effectiveness.

As for more in-depth formula changing, the meat of the formula seems to be here:
Code:
C2/2B86: 20 81 47     JSR $4781   (Multiplication Function:
                                   A = Magic Power * Spell Power)
C2/2B89: 20 B7 47     JSR $47B7   (Multiplication Function 2:
                                   24-bit $E8 = (Mag Pwr * Spell Power) * Level)
With that /32 tacked on later (mentioned above). But I just don't see how one would go about changing any of that. I guess the first one references $4781, which is where the multiplication functions are, but I don't see how that literally calculates Magic power * Spell power. And now that I look at it, I don't see where Spell power * 4 (first part of the formula) is calculated at all.

Ugh, this is hurting my brain. I apologize if this is really basic stuff. There doesn't seem to be much dumbed-down detail on this anywhere and it's been really hard to wrap my brain around what little I have managed to understand so far.

Messages In This Thread
Changing Damage formulas - by Odal - 11-10-2014, 10:03 PM
RE: Changing Damage formulas - by Synchysi - 11-11-2014, 02:12 AM
RE: Changing Damage formulas - by Odal - 11-15-2014, 04:51 PM