Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tenkarider VS big bad guys

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
5) Tenkarider VS Zuriel EX(version 1.1, made by Gi Nattak)
No need of presentations, the infamous guy made talk about him, and since he born accidentally and will never appear again, i'll treat this video like a "tribute" to him, or something:

Since it's quite another guy and the playthough is ended, i'll place him as a superboss instead of the other thread.
Despite i make a savestate before Zuriel in the very end i never used it since i won at the first try(while recording) and that's a relief... i wanted to use it in case of failure because the way i fight tiers 1-3 is literally identical.
The game provides you 10 quicksilver, but since the save comes from 1.3 rom and there was a programming error which allowed the player to obtain an extra Quicksilver, i used one immediately from Dark Gaia, so that i had the regular number of Quicksilvers when i fought Zuriel.
I also used other 2 ones from Sephiroth-Jenova because his moveset might easily make you lose some ally before fighting Zuriel or even Annihilate the party.

- Difficulty: 8/10 -> he has a deadly combo that will kill you, except in the case
you have something like Arc, Eiko or tons of Quicksilvers(according to my
experience i'm really sure it's possible to kill him before the combo using lots
of Quicksilvers, since his battle timer will freeze as well);
his attack are very fast and some move won't be even dodgeable,(and easily
one shot 1/all allies) despite that, if you didn't rage quit already, you'll figure out
his AI is almost static, really predictable.
If you have a perfect melee evade tank and survive to most dangerous
segments of his AI there there will be a good window of time to take a breath
and counterattack.

- Challenge: 6/10 -> to describe it in one word... static, the only unknown factor is
the istant of the battle in which his normal routine will be interrupted from the
deadly combo routine; the other annoying thing is that the fight forces you to
have Eiko and/or Arc.(or Quicksilvers)
Another thing is that the only parameter which really counts is evasion since
there's a plenty of one shot attacks, how much you're strong affects only how
much time the fight will last and increase/decrease the chances of keeping to
dodge his deadly combo...(due to a loss of concentration) all what you need is an
ultima spell which is able to deal around 9999 damage and it's all ok(as far you
don't miss combo's timing)

- Strategy: 10/10 -> the battle is all about following a certain fixed strategy to the
point of being a puzzle, rather than a fight. understand his script and figure it out
step by step is hardly not an option; the fact you need at least 1 among the 2 key
characters also means that you have to calculate even how the battle against the
other 3 tiers will end and calculate eventual character swaps if you need of that.

- Fun factor: ?/10 -> it really depends on your skill and patience... the range
should be between 2 and 6, the battle itself against Zuriel potentially lasts even
less than half an hour, but ther fact you have to deal with other 3 battles before,
makes the whole fight last longer, there's a couple of checkpoints(inside his AI)
in which it's gameover if you're not ready to react few actions before, due to his
speed you can't keep ATB timeline too much busy, or you won't be able to save
yourself in time, hence Eiko or Arc and maybe another one ally should not act.
Pro or not, what really kills the fun is dying, not because you lost as much as the
fact you have to restart the whole thing(even the cutscene in the case you won't
even use savestates right before starting the whole fight)
Something that cheers you through the whole fight is the song: i like a lot the
song used for tiers, it motivates you to climb until reach Zuriel.
If you ask me, the actual thing i really don't like is that there's few space for
character customization against Zuriel.

FINAL JUDGE: 7.5/10 -> Not much elaborated AI, but the fight is tough, nice atmosphere and everything, the "deadly combo" idea is original but too much extreme.
To describe better the battle: the winner is... the cheapest between Zuriel and the Allies.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Tenkarider VS big bad guys - by Tenkarider - 11-02-2014, 03:43 AM
RE: Tenkarider VS big bad guys - by SSJ Rick - 11-02-2014, 12:33 PM
RE: Tenkarider VS big bad guys - by ShinMrKarate - 11-02-2014, 01:37 PM
RE: Tenkarider VS big bad guys - by madsiur - 11-02-2014, 02:33 PM
RE: Tenkarider VS big bad guys - by Tenkarider - 11-02-2014, 04:33 PM
RE: Tenkarider VS big bad guys - by ShinMrKarate - 11-03-2014, 11:13 PM
RE: Tenkarider VS big bad guys - by Tenkarider - 11-09-2014, 12:00 AM
RE: Tenkarider VS big bad guys - by Tenkarider - 11-18-2015, 07:36 PM