Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tenkarider VS big bad guys

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
To PocoLoco: too bad... it was lol if it was displayed GODZIRRA! Laugh
I searched in the disassembly the address in which "can't run away" is displayed, but i cannot find it... do you know its position?
Thanks, anyway Wink

To Shin: thanks! btw remember that Titan EX is one tier higher than the other 2 bosses, besides the 1.01 version is almost unplayable.

So i hope you have the 1.00 vesion...

I wanted to do utmost challenges, like getting all medals, except the gold/silver medal against Emperor Dragon(getting 4 medals i'll leave it to cyborgs...)
And do what i did against Godzilla with just one ally.
With Titan EX i'm already satisfied...

PS. that 3 medals against Emp dragon are really annoying, because counters 2/3 with cold dust in form 13 14 and 15, if it charges the attack while you're frozen, you'll lose reraise status and if he casts ultima it's a mandatory gameover, the other 2 attacks will leave you almost dead and still frozen, after that it may cast meteor (1/3) right after, if not you'll be safe... for now.
Due to the heavy luck factor i may just ignore this challenge. ;[

To Madsiur: No, definitively not. when i say a little error i really mean a tiny little error: if you set a status that doesn't like to the Titan -> landslide to it(equals death), during the battle the front row guys are meat shield for the ones behind(mt. buster will perma-halve their level and become powerless), since he'll aternate the target row with each landslide then you have to switch rows, but the boss is too much fast to being able to switch all the 4 allies, so you're gonna use less allies or use in a clever way his R.polarity counter. but it's not enough: if you just attack as normal the R.pol counter won't be controllable as desired, so you have to hit him with Ice to freeze the counter, or Thunder to make it rise twice faster.
An ally or two will periodically die: you have to revive them immediately or dead bodies will be kicked out from the battle, that will ruin your scheme and the battle will be destined to end with a failure, it's just a question of really few seconds!! the only way to revive 2 allies together are to use gembox(which i'd consider illegal, since it's him the boss who drops it, but Edrin said it's ok to use it), Phoenix and quick.
Actually also abusing the can't run message to buy some frame will give you the chance to revive 2 or 3 allies, but it's too risky.
If you attack him while quick is on -> gameover: besides you'll spam quick for the whole battle(an hour at least) and you are forced to act in hurry without any pause, it can even happen that you accidentally target him for error -> gameover.
Did you screw up just once the row position of attackers, for time/error/amnesia(it's a memory battle)? -> mt buster to attackers = 99% of all your attacks will become harmless, basically a gameover.
That for the whole battle, meanwhile his AI will be updated with next forms, all his quick assaults will kill someone sooner or later, so you should always keep 2 guys ready to act and not more than 2 actions each time, that because if someone dies while doing other actions, you won't make in time to revive him and will be buried.
The final attack, which will use in the last form (about 9000 damage to allies) will menace your life for the time left until he dies, the only one thing that i really wasn't able to understand was how to trigger that attack(if someone knows how to stack 9 to the var value, please tell it to us!), that means that you never really be able to predict when he'll cast it... if you wont keep hp at maximum... gameover.
In the 1.01 there's also some extra further nasty death trigger, anyway...

Since the battle have a too much beautiful design i can forgive this IWBTG battle style.

What's the difference between our bosses?
1) his boss is a themed fight that revolves around dodge with rows and tank with the front row, my boss hasn't any theme, because it happens more or less everything you ever seen in FF6 plus some custom idea i had in the second half of the battle;
2) Titan EX has only one solution/strategy: you'll always see the same battle and you'll just improve the same battle until you'll success of surrender. with my boss everything changes and you'll always see a different battle(well, except the first 2 forms which are quite static...);
3) 80% of times a single error will lead to a game over with Titan EX, with Czar there are only few breakpoints in which if you act wrong, you may risk a gameover, for the rest of the battle it will be a matter of choosing an efficent strategy according to the form, balancing the n. of attacks/healing/buffs in order to not screw up with time available or avoiding to kill him too much fast, etc... according to how you react/act against him, the battle will be destined to be in favor of you or the opposite, it will be a logoration battle and you'll have to regain the control of the situation each time you lose it... thinking to that better, you can find some aspect of all those 3 bosses inside my hack.

In any case i'm not going to judge my hack... that's up to the few ones which will be able to claim the victory(i'm just listing his features...).

About global boss challenge... i might do that, i guess. Too bad that i wasn't there when the constest was on, it would have been a nice competition among me and Lockirby2... not like i have much chances against him Laugh

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Tenkarider VS big bad guys - by Tenkarider - 11-02-2014, 03:43 AM
RE: Tenkarider VS big bad guys - by SSJ Rick - 11-02-2014, 12:33 PM
RE: Tenkarider VS big bad guys - by ShinMrKarate - 11-02-2014, 01:37 PM
RE: Tenkarider VS big bad guys - by madsiur - 11-02-2014, 02:33 PM
RE: Tenkarider VS big bad guys - by Tenkarider - 11-02-2014, 04:33 PM
RE: Tenkarider VS big bad guys - by ShinMrKarate - 11-03-2014, 11:13 PM
RE: Tenkarider VS big bad guys - by Tenkarider - 11-09-2014, 12:00 AM
RE: Tenkarider VS big bad guys - by Tenkarider - 11-18-2015, 07:36 PM