Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Starting my very first FF6 hack and had some basic questions.

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Okay, so at this point I think I'll just be using this to get my ideas out. I'm still pretty nervous about delving in, since I'll essentially be tearing up the story, and putting in my own instead. The more I think about it, the more I realize that this is probably going to be fairly ambitious, and I'm worried that I'm getting in over my head for a first time hack. But the (very) rough storyboard is gonna go something like this:
Jago and Zaida get plopped into another world. Not Final Fantay 6's world per se, mind you, but possibly if I can make it interesting enough. They have to concentrate on getting back home. As I mentioned in my initial post, I'm not sure how much content I want to cram into this, or how much would be appropriate. I feel like with the ideas I had involving magicite and leveling that I really want a chance to explore, but I'm petrified of biting off more than I can chew. And I haven't had much of a chance to get my hands dirty with the actual modding yet. I need to watch those videos. Speaking of which, is there a written guide that would be possible to follow? Or is it only the videos at this moment in time? I tend to do a little better when I can go at my own pace and reread things and such. Of course I'll make due either way. Laugh
So Jago and Zaida get dropped into this strange world when an experiment involving a rune gate went haywire. This is a world where everything is still alive (they come from a desert world where water and plant life is worth more than gold) and metal (same as the water and plant life). Regardless, they have unfinished business so they can't stay in this apparent paradise. They learn of some ancient magic that's very similar to the rune magic back in their world, and set off exploring the ruins to try and use this magic to go home. I'm not sure how much time this should take, or how roundabout it should be. But I'm talking in circles at this point.
So how much is too much for a first timer like myself?
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starting my very first FF6 hack and had some basic questions. - by ArkthePieKing - 09-07-2014, 09:03 PM