Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Is red card animation persistant?

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Lol, you anticipated me of some minute.
Thanks for your help, that code revealed more useful than what i expected...
After analyzing it and taking a look to what was written right after, in the C1 disassembly, i had a great idea and actually found the solution!! Wink

BREAKING NEWS FOR EVERYONE:

Do you want to customize the animation of red card desperation, but you don't know how, due to the triple attack that cannot be modified?

I have the solution:
Those lines below of the code checks if you're going to use red card spell or not,

C1/ABF0: C9F9 CMP #$F9
C1/ABF2: D012 BNE $AC06

- If not... it jumps to $AC06(C1/AC06) and does the standard spell animation(the code that starts from C1/AC06);

- Otherwise it will do the code posted from Tsushiy and the triple attack animation instead of the normal one.

So... how to do that? simple... just do a JMP to C1/AC06 and even the red card will do the standard spell animation Wink
in C1/ABF4 i wrote 4C 06 AC, that will make happen the JMP.

Since this part of the code exists only for red card, the unchanged bytes before the RTS will become useless, you can change them in EA(no operation), if you want... that space could also be used for something else, i guess...

The only drawback is that he won't do the triple attack anymore, but you will be able to replace it with something really better.

I already tested it, and works correctly!!
If something strange will happen, i'll update this thread, anyway.

PS. Gi Nattak, about your Setzer, you used the extra effect launcher, to make it work. If you use this method... you won't need of that, and you'll also be able to add a different extra effect Smile

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tenkarider for this post:
  • DrakeyC (09-13-2017)

Messages In This Thread
Is red card animation persistant? - by Tenkarider - 08-06-2014, 06:16 AM
RE: Is red card animation persistant? - by Tenkarider - 08-06-2014, 08:41 PM