The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Palette & Mold glitches with Monster Formations

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
So, given what I've seen thus far in threads like this recent one, I'm guessing that I'm simply not going to be able to do everything that I want, but a confirmation of that might be nice.

I'm trying to fit as many monsters as possible that makes sense for a certain area into one formation so Gau can Leap that formation and get his Rages more efficiently. At times, this can be as many as five different monsters (but never six, as Gau can't come back from a Leap on such a formation!). However, when I set those formations, I ran into two graphical problems.

The first problem is with the palettes. Whenever I try to put more than three unique monsters in the same formation, the fourth and fifth monsters end up using the palette of the first one instead of their own. Here's an attempt to fit all of the Phantom Train monsters into one formation:

[Image: screen_phantom-train_zps3161850c.png]

In all my years of playing, I never realized that, despite staring at the original formations for so long, that there was never more than three unique monsters in any of them. My hunch is that there's no way to have more than three unique monster palettes, is that correct? If so, I think I can work around this by manually editing palettes in FF3SE so that two monsters using the same palette won't look so weird (for example, I lucked out with Areneid looking OK sharing Sand Ray's palette: see below). It just means more work for me to do (and I may have to start over with a 1.1 copy, as it appears that FF3SE doesn't work with 1.0?)

[Image: screen_sandray-areneid_zps3ea82e40.png]

The second problem are the molds. At first, I got excited when I could do something like, say, put all three of those rare Kefka's Tower monsters in the indoor caves of each of the parties all together! Then, I end up getting this:

[Image: screen_kt-rare_zps2ad88f35.png]

That's when I learned about the molds, and that there were only 13 of them (with three empty ones?). After reading this thread, it's made me pessimistic regarding a way to change those molds so I could do something like fit 3 64x96 monsters on one formation. It appears that there could be a memory issue with that? I could do tricks like lowering that cutoff Doom Drgn to the bottom of the screen, but that only gets me so far. Am I just flat out of luck in this regard?
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Palette & Mold glitches with Monster Formations - by Stray Aspik - 04-18-2014, 08:04 PM