Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Patch: allowing use of "reserved" palette colors for player characters

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
So, I'm going to post a final version soon probably. Or a "final" version anyway. But I will only do an update if someone discovers a problem with it.

The two main things I'm still doing are 1. Trying to write a good readme, and 2. trying to work out compatibility with other patches.

There doesn't seem to be a fast/easy way of knowing which bytes are altered by the different patches. Is there a database of this I'm not aware of? For instance, I'm going to add the new code to an existing bank so the rom doesn't have to be expanded (I'll provide both a non-expanded and an expanded rom version of the patch, so people can choose either one).

There's a list of free space in a stickied thread in this forum. Plenty of those spaces are big enough to fit my code, but I'm not sure which ones have already been used by other popular patches, or patches that people might want to use at the same time as mine.

I'm also pasting a small amount of new code into C3, and so it would probably be good to check who else has used C3, and use a different part if I can.

If anyone can name any important conflicts I should worry about, I'll try to work around them.

I may just release a version of it where I do my best, and then if someone complains of a conflict, I'll release a new version that avoids it if possible.

Of course, it's also possible to move the code yourself, but you'd have to be comfortable running the assembler to get the binary, and then pasting it in with a hex editor. I'd like to make the patch as "accessible" as possible through an .ips patch.

EDIT: Probably not going to finish with it tonight as I thought, but tomorrow probably.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patch: allowing use of "reserved" palette colors for player characters - by Eggers - 08-17-2013, 12:33 AM