Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Patch: allowing use of "reserved" palette colors for player characters

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
The current version should not interfere with the MP color hack. Or the reflect barrier / crusader fix.

If I made the other version I'm talking about (that edits the numerals, rather than the character sprites), it more likely than not WOULD break it, and similar hacks.

Edit: By the way, did you have a chance to test the version I posted tonight? I'm interested in feedback on the speed. I thought the speed was "good enough" even last time. But I was probably being too easy on myself because I'm excited to have a "working" version. Wink And to see progress over how bad it was before. Even I knew it was bad the first time.

The third revision is even better, though.

Edit again:

Oh by the way Poco Loco: your custom sprites are good. I have a bunch of custom sprite sheets saved to my hard drive, along with a list of artist names for credit, ever since I got interested in hacking this game a month or two ago. A lot of the good sprites in my "database" are from you. I've been wanting to use them, and I hope my patch makes it possible to use them with their "real" colors, even in battle. So, you'll be happy to know part of the reason I'm doing this is to use YOUR work. And that of other good pixel artists too. And then make, like, every character a playable character. (Because obviously 14 playable characters is not enough...)
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patch: allowing use of "reserved" palette colors for player characters - by Eggers - 08-14-2013, 01:01 AM