Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ZONE DOCTOR - FF6 Editor v3.18.4 (formerly FF6LE) *EVENT EDITING SUPPORT*

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
(12-03-2015, 12:57 PM)Seiken_X Wrote: But since I am at it, I might aswell ask this: I havent worked on my hack for 2 years and the last time i edited the ROM was with FF6LE rogue, My question is can i just use Zone doctor on that rom (it was expanded, patched and didnt have any bug as far as i know in FF6LE) and keep going or is transitioning from FF6LE to Zonedoc problematic?

While not being 100% sure, my guess it that there will be some sort of issue or error that will arise from using FF6LE rogue before switching over to Zone Doctor, yes. Last time I checked it doesn't seem to play nicely with the other level editors, even though it has the same fixes that rogue does to allow it to work with FF3usME. Not sure about the latest version though, or exactly what causes certain errors outside of different compression routines. I can't be positive, you might test and see if it acts normal and doesn't give you errors or map corruption and if not then probably go ahead, but it's not exactly a stable program yet and if you're planning on using it purely for the event editing feature, and planning on doing anything extensive I'd have to suggest doing it the old fashion way of hex editing, because Zone Doctor isn't very extensive and while it seems like a godsend, it's probably more of a headache in the long run imo.

(07-29-2013, 11:48 PM)giangurgolo Wrote: UPDATE: Using the new version of Zone Doctor (3.18.2) I managed to import a map from SD3 to FF6 and get all of the attributes/properties set.

[Image: FAs0XX3.png]

UPDATE (2013-08-26): new v3.18.4 released, world maps load much faster, several bugs fixed

And holy shit why didn't I ever see this? There isn't any kind of option to do this yet is there?

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ZONE DOCTOR - FF6 Editor v3.18.4 (formerly FF6LE) *EVENT EDITING SUPPORT* - by Gi Nattak - 12-03-2015, 07:00 PM