The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Making bosses change sprite mid battle?

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
I'm working on a project, and for it, I want to use some enemies who change sprites mid battle, one such example is the Windraptor cameo boss from FFV.

I was looking through the forum, but I can't find any solutions to my query, and I think it's possible because the boss Chadarnook does this.

I looked at the enemy AI, and I see that its set to change every 40 seconds, but not how it actually changes sprites between the demon and goddess.

If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, a second query is removing the magitek armour in the field, I successfully removed the magitek armour in battle by removing the M-tek status in every instance where it's normally granted, but I don't know how I can remove the armour from appearing in events and over the playable characters.

I believe it may recognize it as adding the M-tek armour as a vehicle, but I don't know where or how to disable it, and any assistance in that is also appreciated.

Thanks for reading this.

-edit 1-
I found the offsets for the magitek armour for the cliff
CC/9948: 44    Place character $00 (Actor in stot 0) on vehicle $40 (Magitek Armor) (Character is shown)
CC/994B: 44    Place character $0E (Actor in stot 14) on vehicle $40 (Magitek Armor) (Character is shown)
CC/994E: 44    Place character $0F (Actor in stot 15) on vehicle $40 (Magitek Armor) (Character is shown)

But I just cannot seem to find them in the rom in windhex at ALL. Maybe I'm looking at it badly...

┬──┬ ノ(゜-゜ノ) I return thee table to thy intended position, mankind does not mean to flip you so often.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Making bosses change sprite mid battle? - by Murak Modder - 06-13-2013, 04:22 PM