Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
editing tools (chainsaw, drill, flash, ...)

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Sleep
I was able to put together something close to what you are trying to do. Using a bit of trial and error(based on the fact that my knowledge of the in depth stuff is pretty lacking) and referencing http://www.rpglegion.com/ff6/hack/code2.txt this is what I came up with. The hardcoded part of the (for this example) Autocrossbow is:

Code:
C2/2B5D: A9 40        LDA #$40
C2/2B5F: 0C A2 11     TSB $11A2   (Set no split damage)
C2/2B62: 60           RTS

I am still learning, but I assume the last line is the equivalent of FE or Return when event editing. The second line is self explanatory from the text at the end, but you can effectively replace that line with something else to get a different effect. The first line I am not 100% sure on(maybe Madsiur can clarify) but I believe it is a starting point that defines what general effect you want such as magic, physical, or even a certain skill. There are plenty of things that start with A9 scattered throught the document but they are not very descriptive so this is my best guess. Based on that I came up with this:

Code:
C2/2B5D: A9 05        LDA #$05
C2/2B5F: 0C A4 11     TSB $11A4   (Sets attack to heal)
C2/2B62: 60           RTS

I borrowed the first line from the Health command(but it is actually the third line from that string, I tried the first and it froze the game) and I believe it sets it up as a magic ability because when I altered Edgar's magic power the healing amounts changed. The second line again is self explanatory but it sets the ability to heal. You will then have to do some FF3usME editing to the "Autocrossbow", namely unchecking the box that says "Cursor starts on enemy" so that it will target your party. Since you already changed the animation you should be good to go. Note that this will do split damage however there are limitations in that you can't override existing strings for other things without adverse effects. I am sure there is a way to branch like with events but that is a bit above my skillset. I hope I could be of help Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: editing tools (chainsaw, drill, flash, ...) - by Xontract - 06-03-2013, 11:27 PM