The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The 15th Man Project: Rules and Overview

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
This is where we hammer out the details for the plan for The 15th Man Project. I have a proposed outline, but since this has never been done before, the order of things may need to shift around a bit. This discussion is to try to come up with as complete a walk-through of the process as possible. We may decide to shuffle things mid-project, but I think an outline will be key to making sure we stay on-task and not get ahead of ourselves.

Outline

I. Basic Design and Planning
  • Character Concept
  • Background and History
    1. Gender
    2. Hometown
    3. Story
  • C. Concept Art
  • D. Name
II. Detailed Design and Practical Data
  • Visual
    2. Spritesheet
    3. Portrait
  • Theme Music
  • Abilities
    1. Ability overview
    2. Ability list
    3. coding (existing vs. new mechanic, feasibility discussion + what existing things to remove/change)
  • Stats and Balancing
III. Joining the Cast
  • When/where/why
  • Relationships
  • Altered scenes
  • New scenes
  • WoR self-actualization subquest
XX. Cleanup
  • Making character visible in shop menus and party selection
  • Own set of equipable gear
  • Etc...

Our next submissions round will be Iris' ability list, so get on FF3usME and show us what you (she) can do!

Rules for Participation

Submissions

Submissions will be made the topic designed for them. Feel free to interact with each others ideas, make suggestions, colaborate, etc... Only the FIRST submission made by each member will be taken into consideration. If you decide to make changes, please edit your original post.

Submissions need to stay within the scope of each topic. That means when we are doing concept art, nobody should be posting partial sprites or discussing abilities, we will have separate threads for those eventually. We need to keep things in order as much as possible. However, things that already have been decided should be discussed as relevant information (AKA the character's background will obviously play a roll in what he/she wears). The only exception to this rule is during the background ideas as gender/hometown/backstory will likely be tightly linked and will probably be discussed in a single thread even if they have separate voting.

Preliminary Voting
Preliminary Voting will take place in a new thread, created by me, where I will list all of the proposed ideas. Here each person will be able to give 2 votes in-thread (not a poll). Only the FIRST voting post by each member will be counted. The top 3 suggestions will move on to the final poll.

Final Poll
The top three suggestions will make it to the final poll where members will vote for their favorite suggestion. The winning suggestion is final, no re-polling. You can use this thread to talk about why you picked what you did, what you liked, what you didn't like, etc...

I expect everyone to be civil and there will be no putting others or their ideas down or there will be immediate consequences.

Conclusion

This will not be a quick project. Each thread will likely be open at least 5 days and likely longer depending on the level of involvement we get from the community. Art, Music and other tasks requiring actual work will stay open until everyone who would like to make a submission is able to (within reasonable limits).

Thank you all for supporting this idea. I think it will be a huge success for the site and open the door to future community projects as well as increase the overall knowledge of FF6 hacking. I look forward to working alongside you all.

Feel free to discuss the plan I've put in place, make suggestions, talk about things we may need to do differently, I want to know what you think!

Happy Hacking.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
The 15th Man Project: Rules and Overview - by B-Run - 06-03-2013, 04:23 PM