The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to change Chocobo's palette?

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Hey guys, I am new to these forums and have found them quite useful for the hack I am working on. There is one part that is tripping me up. How do I change the palette for Chocobos? I am having great luck with changing the character's palettes with the palette location docs and WindHex32.

However, I just can't figure out how to search for chocobos in the hex. I presume it would have hex similar to 43**07, with ** standing for the hex for the chocobo sprite. Is this right? Am I way off? I've done some hex searches and found quite a bit of stuff that fits 43**07, so it's rather difficult to determine which is actually the chocobo. I'm not even sure if that's what I should be looking for, as I am uncertain if the follow the same rules as character sprites.

Thanks in advance for any advice. It will help me complete my submission for Screenshot of the Month, and it will also help me complete my first submission of a sprite to the forums.

Edit: I have looked in the level editor for clues, but all I've found there is that it's called a vehicle with no clue as to what it's sprite id might be. I've been trying everything I can think of to find hex around certain events, but nothing is yielding positive results. I presume I'm changing palettes to something, but that something certainly isn't the chocobo.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
How to change Chocobo's palette? - by cdizzle - 03-29-2013, 11:40 PM
RE: How to change Chocobo's palette? - by cdizzle - 03-30-2013, 01:10 PM
RE: How to change Chocobo's palette? - by madsiur - 03-30-2013, 03:43 PM
RE: How to change Chocobo's palette? - by cdizzle - 03-30-2013, 03:36 PM
RE: How to change Chocobo's palette? - by madsiur - 03-30-2013, 05:23 PM
RE: How to change Chocobo's palette? - by cdizzle - 04-01-2013, 12:06 AM
RE: How to change Chocobo's palette? - by madsiur - 04-01-2013, 12:25 PM