Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD rerelease

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(03-25-2013, 08:00 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote: Why do they pick the crappiest of Final Fantasy's to do an HD remake? More reason why I dislike Squeenix.

One, I disagree with your assessment; Final Fantasy X was exceedingly popular and was extremely well-received. It's your OPINION that it's crappy, but everyone's entitled to that. Personally, I loved it.

Two, they picked X because it takes less work to rework it for HD; doing 7-9 would require such a graphical overhaul for each game that they might as well rewrite, retranslate, and rebuild the games from the ground up. I'm certainly not opposed to that; however, the chances of their doing that are slim. Final Fantasy VII, for better or worse, was their most successful FF to date, and a remake of that, they said, is NOT in the works at all.

Also, regarding the seemingly global love for Final Fantasy IX, I'm in the minority: though I in no way dislike it (I've always said that there's no such thing as a bad Final Fantasy game as long as there's a number behind it), it's my second-least favorite of the entire series, finishing only ahead of III (no, not the US FFIII...the actual Japanese FFIII).
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD rerelease - by DarkVee - 03-25-2013, 03:02 PM
RE: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD rerelease - by CaptCatchphrase - 03-26-2013, 08:45 AM
RE: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD rerelease - by DarkVee - 03-25-2013, 11:03 PM
RE: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD rerelease - by DarkVee - 03-26-2013, 04:34 PM
RE: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD rerelease - by DarkVee - 03-26-2013, 08:25 PM